Website Datasmart/Duncan Security
Job Summary: This position is responsible for helping the Home Technology department technicians with their Audio/Visual projects or duties. Must have met all the requirements of Field Technician Level I and II.
- Have basic Audio/Video knowledge.
- Help technicians with hanging TVs that might require two people.
- Connecting receivers or other basic audio equipment.
- Connecting Sonos products to the system.
- Performing basic network installs.
- Must have Control 4 sales and product training along with in-house basic programming.
- Able to install and program a basic Control 4 package.
- Able to find cables in the wall/tone.
- Able to rough and trim a house.
- Program Universal remotes.
- Able to install camera systems with DVR/NVR.
- Basic rack wiring.
- Read and follow a wire diagram.
- Knowledge of how to set up equipment before remote programming.
- Install networks (Wireless and wired).
- Calibrate TV and projectors.
- Distribute video and audio.
- Have good trouble shooting skills in an advance setting.
- Able to handle all aspects of a job without supervision.
- Able to supervise crew on projects.
- Able to demonstrate and practice Ohms law.
- Retro house cable in all situations.
- Advance rack wiring or Control 4 Level 1 Certified.
- Advance trouble shooting skills such as amp overheating, shorts in audio cables, dirty phone lines, resetting routers, intermittent internet.
- Modulate and insert into cable or satellite system.
- Able to teach others and be a supervise assistant.
- Savant Level 1 or Control 4 Level 2 or Vantage including Panelized Lighting certified.
- Able to train employees.
- Savant Level 2 and Lutron Homeworks Certified.
- Program Control 4, Savant, Vantage, Lutron, and URC Total Control.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Clean driving record.
- Basic networking skills.
- Sonos experience a plus.
- Experience with hanging TVs and connecting audio equipment.
- Ability to provide great customer service and problem solve customer concerns.
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude of teamwork and continuous improvement.
- Lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling; some climbing and balancing, kneeling, crouching and/or crawling.
- Driving to customer homes to perform service is required.
High school diploma or equivalent.
Monday – Friday 7:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To apply for this job please visit www.datasmartllc.com.