Job Summary: This position is responsible for billing and collecting customer accounts.
You will also be asked to process payments and handle some customer complaints.
To do well in this role, you will need to be able to remain calm when customers are frustrated.
- Invoicing customer accounts.
- Processing and posting customer credit card, check and ACH payments and A/R adjustments.
- Providing excellent customer service by responding to customer questions regarding their account.
- Contacting customers with delinquent accounts via phone, email and US mail to solicit payment and recording all customer communication.
- Calculation of contract cancellation amount due.
- Auditing monitoring invoices vs. customer billing.
- Work with members of other internal departments such as sales, service, activations, and management to service customers.
Experience and Skill Requirements:
- Ability to provide great customer service and problem solve customer concerns.
- 1 – 2 years prior hands-on Collections / Accounting experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Ability to perform duties with a high degree of accuracy with a strong focus on quality.
- Good interpersonal communication and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude of teamwork and continuous improvement.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
FLSA Status: Full Time – Non-Exempt
Salary: Starts at $18.00 per hour
Schedule: Monday – Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.